Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

14 Attitude Requirements to Master Martial Arts - Summary!!!!

As I continue to practice and train in martial arts, I realize more and more that not only is hard work a factor, but more importantly the right attitude towards working hard. People can work hard, but lack the positive attitude and drive that will catapult them from being mediocre to out-of-this-world-super-star-status, insha’Allah.

With that said, let me present to you the “Fourteen Attitude Requirements to Master Martial Arts”.

I have learned these 14 requirements through my study of Tang Soo Do. However, they are not limited to this specific style, but any style in which you wish to train. I believe there is benefit in these points and I hope that you, the reader, agree with me. I have listed here the 14 requirements; however, I have expounded upon each point in previous posts.

1.The purpose of training is to improve your mental and physical state.

2. Take a serious approach.


3. Exert full effort.


4. Maintain a regular and consistent routine.


5. Practice the basic techniques all the time.


6. Regularly space practice sessions.


7. Always listen and follow the directions of instructors and seniors.


8. Do not be overly ambitious.


9. Frequently evaluate your personal achievements.


10. Always follow a routine training schedule.


11. Review and practice learned techniques frequently.


12. When learning a new technique, thoroughly learn the theory, approach, and philosophy as well.


13. When you begin to feel idle, remember someone is working harder than you at that moment.


14. Cleanliness is required throughout training. Keep yourself and your surroundings clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment