Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

US Capitol Classics Recap

I haven't had a real chance to sit down and go through the highlights of the 2010 US Capitol Classics.

Quick recap:


1st in Open Jiu-Jitsu - Lightweight Divison
2nd in Advance Southern Traditional Kung-Fu

I also participated for the first time in the Black Belt Korean Traditional forms division. I was so nervous for this part of the tournament. I felt like a newbie, and to be quite honest, I was. I had people in my division who ranked from 1st degree up to 5th degree.

These guys kicks were straight out of a kung-fu flick. They had great technique, stances, and focus. It was simply amazing to even compete against them.

One thing that I did not like was the exaggerating ki-huping (yelling). It seems like some were there to simple put on a show and perform rather than displaying the art. It was a traditional division, but it felt more like an XMA division. I was disappointed about that and felt that the person who won only did so cause he punch his chest with his first, and yelled like a man mad after every technique.

I will elaborate more in my next post which I am calling: "Intensity or Insanity: A look into exaggerating the art of the ki-hup". (SMILE).

I have been working on a little video of my performances and it took me longer than expected.

Al-hamdulillah I did finish it just in time. I will post it shortly!!!

Now it's time to focus on Ramadhan.

No comments:

Post a Comment