Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Inspiration beyond measure

I caught this video on someone's Facebook page and I must say it is one of the most informative and inspirational short videos I have seen.

It is about a female Judo master named Keiko Fukuda. She is currently the highest ranking women in Judo history (9th Degree Red Belt to be exact). The historical detail is awesome. I love reading or listening the stories of old, the history of various arts, and how they have developed over the years.

The reason I wanted to share this is because it teaches us some important lessons.

1. True mastery of an art only comes from consistency and patience.
2. True mastery is in the knowledge not the action.
3. Regardless of obstacles, you keep pushing forward until you reach your goal.
4. Age shouldn't keep you from doing or achieving your goals.

Check out the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment